Instructions for the participants
- Develop novel algorithms to measure Frequency and Rate-of-Change of Frequency (RoCoF) under the resource and time constraned enviornment in a Phaser Measurement Unit (PMU).
- The competition is open for engineering undergraduate students, postgraduate students and any graduate students who graduated within past 3 years from a Sri Lankan University.
- Maximum 6 memebrs per group.
- The groups may consist of students work in the subject areas of Power systems, Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, and Software development.
- Group must have an academic staff member as a mentor
- Open Registration - 01st September 2021
- Close Registration - 28th September 2021
- Awareness session and assigning the tasks and time lines - 24th October 2021
- Phase 01
- Preliminary design concept submission - 14th December 2021
- Shortlisting and announcement of the selected groups for the Phase 02 - 21st December 2021
- Phase 02
- Presentation of the design and simulation results - TBA
- Announcement of Winners - TBA
- Award Ceremony - TBA
- 1st Place - Rs.25000.00
- 2nd Place - Rs.15000.00
- 3rd Place - Rs.10000.00
"Task Sheet" will be released on 24th October 2021